This is a piece I made for the fabulous new Steampunk challenges over at SanDee and Amelie's
Steampunk (and Dieselpunk) is one of my favourite themes, so wishing them much success in their new adventure. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone creates.
Cut out main shape using X-cut 'rectangle parenthesis 2 nesting dies' on pale yellow card and also (not shown) a larger black piece to back it on.
I used X-cut tri-boss Chronology clocks folder for body of the Cuckoo clock and main featured clock dial.
For the clock body I used a pale yellow textured card and painted a light wash of brown, blue and black Aquamarker pens that I rubbed over a piece of plastic and watered down. I then put the damp card with a piece of tissue over top in folder as this seemed to make an even better impression.
I cut this out of the card ran through the embossing folder and then I used some chalks and metallic rub-ons over top of the embossed images using red, black and gold.
Cut out shape for part of the roof in pale yellow card and again used watercolour on top of that.
Used Papermania: Urban stamps - 'Bird print' over this and then put through paper ribbler. Also then cut out a larger piece of same shape on black card to back this on.
Cut a piece of K and Company paper from 'Lifes journey' for main background, put it through paper ribbler to give it the wavy texture. Highlighted certain parts using white souffle pen and red rub on wax and gold acrylic paint.
Added more rub on wax and gold acrylic paint and a little white souffle pen to highlight certain parts.
Cut out pendulums using some Spellbinders swirly dies. Stamped on them using music stamp from Urban bird print set, added some gold paint.
Used X-cut Chronology cogs dies and then added red rub on and gold paint. A few brads for centres.
Also stamped the bird from same set of stamps.
Using various mini alphabet stamps, stamped out quote.. then assembled the whole thing.