Wednesday 24 May 2017

SIMPLE ELEGANCE

For Elegance and Grunge theme at AJJ


This page has a soft and grungy Aquamarker background made scribbling the markers on a piece of cellophane first then either spritzed or breathed on it and then pressed that down onto the paper to transfer the ink.  I found the decoupage hand in my stash and cut a little of the cuff of and pleated a small piece of vintage lace behind it.



Not certain how old the lace was but it either belonged to my husbands grandmother, or going by the sewing contents in the old box it came from it was more likely his great grandmother, so possibly over or around a 100 years old. Words printed from my PC.


That's my lot for today but if you haven't already joined in there's still time to join in this month to the 'Elegance and Grunge' theme at AJJ and lots of  lovely inspiration there too - thank you to everyone taking part.

Have a great day
and thanks for stopping by
Gill x




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, love the vintage lace. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Aqua marker background is beautiful, it has a lovely lightness and ethereal quality to it. I love how you used the vintage lace to make a cuff and how amazing that it is likely to be over 100 years old, it's such a pretty addition to the hand and those gorgeous roses - stunning! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today too 😁. It's cloudy and hot here today so working in the garden too ... lol! Have fun and enjoy the rest of the week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on elegance Gill. Sometimes I forget how wonderful a hand by itself can be, especially one holding such a pretty bouquet of flowers. :) Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how you made this with this wonderful old piece of lace! So charming!
    Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess this month dear Gill!
    ♥♥♥
    I had and have so many things on the agenda these days - a birthdayparty on Saturday, and a invitation to lunch on Sunday - and tomorrow is holday here and I have to be taxidriver this night for my daughter and friends . Hope that I find inspiration this long night and can come up with one more an elegance/grunge theme.

    Hope your gardening went well... I planted a bit as well this week... but now the most work ist done I guess.

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-what a really beautiful page Gill!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Gill, I think this theme was made for you :)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Art piece dear Gill. The background texture is great and the old lace looks very nice.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is beautiful Gill, and more so by using the gorgeous lace! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.