Friday 26 May 2017

BORN TO BE REAL for AJJ

Hello

It's another Friday - hope your week went well and you have a fun weekend planned.

My piece today for AJJ  'Elegance and Grunge' was drawn/painted on Strathmore 400 series mixed media paper.


The Background was created using TH Distress stains, Neocolor 2s and a stencil. Then I muted the colour etc by gessoing over top and then edged with Neocolor 1's. I drew my girl and then added colour with Neocolor 2's and added hair and face details drawn with coloured pencils and Neocolor 1's. I used white Posca pen for white on eyes. Finally I finished off with a quote printed from my pc.

It's been extremely hot here and the next 2 days predicted to be hot again. When working in garden I do a little then sit under an umbrella for a rest and then go back to work again... Yesterday I played with a heavy hammer and bolster (a first for me) and chipping away old cement from some bricks - great fun - but slow work - hopefully we might finish changing our garden around in time to enjoy the summer.   ha ha :)

Thanks for stopping by,
have a great day and wonderful weekend
Gill x
          



6 comments:

  1. I'd love to see how you are changing your garden. With my surgery I can't get out and work yet, which is driving me nuts. But then again we've had so much cold and rain (they in the top 10 rainiest Mays on record). I love your lady. She has a really cool hair arrangement, and I really love the quote. Perfect! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab creation Gill, good luck with doing work in the garden in this weather!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous portrait Gill.... so well done - I love her hair!
    You are really busy - hope you can say it is all done very soon.
    I had much boring housework today and now I am really tired.
    Wish you a nice weekend!
    Thank you for being such an inspiring AJJ hostess!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful artwork! Her hair is a gorgeous colour and I like the texture you have added with those lovely curls 😁. It's been hot here too so we've been out and about enjoying the sunshine before everywhere gets busy for the Bank Holiday weekend and half term. Your gardening sounds fun, I'd find chipping away the cement very satisfying although sitting under the umbrella and watching maybe more enjoyable ...lol! Have a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Gill. You put me to shame with all the work in your garden. I can relate to the heat and taking breaks under an umbrella.

    I was super impressed with your lovely lady. She is a beauty. I am SO impressed with that quote, too. But what got me was you drew the lady. I can't draw a straight line, so this was an incredibly impressive piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful saying...as trying for perfection is something many of us have to forget about. Its good to be yourself.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.