Tuesday 25 July 2017

Summer Love and more :)

Hello :)

A page for Elizabeth's Summertime Love at AJJ    before I run out of time this month...
I started this more than a week ago when I had a bit of a painting session.
The sunflower is a mix of watercolours and crayons as a resist.
I scanned my artwork and then added the words digitally, plus my bird (you've seen before) which is now digitised too and finally a photo of some of my sunflowers. 

 A few weeks ago I found some fun paper napkins in a shop with a bank note theme ..


 I had little wooden blank folder that needed decorating and I also needed some practise using serviettes, so I thought I'd see what happened. 
 I filed away any rough edges and think I'm fairly pleased with the result so far :)

 
I added some more colour using Neocolor 11s.
I want this book to use as my go to 'reminders' book for things needing doing
 i.e challenges, blogs to visit and messages that need replying to.


The book is not finished, as out of the blue I was informed that a digital scrapbooking website that I have  been a member of  since 2011 was closing down. So at present I am busy sorting out my digital work I have on there and all sorts before that closes soon.

The best thing last week, was the postman delivering a wonderful surprise. I was very lucky to win some of the fabulous Rubber Dance stamps designed by the lovely Donna Gray over at Inky and Quirky  accompanied by a most beautiful card Donna had made. Thanks again Donna x 
  

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to play with these yet :( 
or finish some other projects I had going... like the canes from the Himaylan Honeysuckle which I will blog another time as I have started on the windchimes and had one experiment making the 'nibs' to draw with.

Bye for now
Thanks so much for visiting..
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Gill x




13 comments:

  1. Wow - what a wonderful page - I am thrilled about it and those napkins are fun - your go to 'reminders' book will turn out beautiful! Congrats on your win. Donna is such a talented and lovely blogger! Have fun with the stamps!!!
    Thanks a lot for such a beautiful page linked to AJJ's theme Gill!
    Happy, happy rest of the week for you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are one very busy gal Gill. Love the artwork page and the mix of things you used for it.

    Wow to the book you are making and the wonderful banknotes find. Hope you mange to keep up with the things you have to do. I always have good intentions but then the garden beckons and we send all day doing some work on it.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gill, what a wonderful post. First, congratulations on your win. And those bank note napkins are out of this world. I'm in awe.


    But of course, I came to see the wonderful summertime sunflowers that are simply adorable and filled with summertime love. The watercolor flower is awesome and your photo of the sunflowers in your garden are a perfect addition. Of course, the digital additions make it so very special, especially since I'm simply no good with digital art. It is a wonderful hybrid piece filled with summertime love and I was delighted you shared it with Art Journal Journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bright and beautiful journal page, and the folder is gorgeous - are you going to save your real bank notes in it! Never seen napkins like those before! Congrats on your win, have fun with the stamps. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i do love the one with the bird.. ;O)) love the bank notes to. ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gill,
    the sunflower painting is so beautiful !! I wonder whhy you thought you have to put other
    pictures onto it... And the idea to work with the paper napkins is great. They turned out very well with your decent colouring that made such a difference.
    I'm very courios about your experiments with the canes of the Honeysuckle
    Ciao Beo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful painting of the sunflower Gill, I love how you created this page.
    The napkins look great and they make super backgrounds for you book.
    Congratulations on your win, your stamps look lovely.
    Have a good week.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like you've had to get busy sorting out your digital work! Glad you also had time to create your lovely summer page and sunflowers always make me smile! I love how you combined the different elements and the sunflowers in your garden look so tall with their pretty yellow flowers 😀. So funny, I have bought the same £10 banknote napkins as well but I haven't used them yet - your book cover is a brilliant idea and the neon colours work wonderfully! So nice to receive happy mail as well, many congratulations! I can't wait to see what you've done with the canes, the windchime and 'nibs' sound amazing 😀. It's lovely to catch up with you again, have a great week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love popping over to see what you've been up to Gill as your digital art is always stunning!! Ah I have a couple of those napkins.....somewhere! So happy the stamps arrived okay and of course I can't wait to see what you create with them, I must admit that little bird from the set gets used on everything :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo you added on your summer love page. Sunflowers are really great later summer flowers, aren't they? And those are cool napkins. I think you will have a lot of fun with those. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful summer page Gill, and looks like your having fun with the bank notes napkins, love the extra colouring.
    Congrats on your win, look forward to seeing you use them.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little bird is lovely with such beautiful colours and if he has been here before he definitely needed to be seen again (and again). Nice combination of painting, digital and your photograph of your sunflower. The background to the painted sunflower is terrific too.
    The "money" folder looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - your painted sunflower is sooo beautiful! It is a gorgeous background for your digitally added photos, words and of course the cute little bird! Now I see the dollar-napkins - you made a stunning cover for the wooden folder!
    I wish you time for playing with your new rubber stamps and all other creative things you want to do!
    Liebe Grüße Rike x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.