Sunday 6 September 2015

Dream, Create and Inspire


Happy Sunday to you - as I post this it is just after 4pm in the UK and I've had a lovely Guinea fowl stew - better than it sounds - honestly! and one glass of wine which seems to have been much stronger than I thought, thus leaving me quite happy and relaxed.




I can't stop drawing faces this week - and to my finished artwork work (using mainly Pan Pastels) 
I have added digital embellishments using a lovely digital kit called 'Equinox' by G&T Designs   and to finish it off merged and slightly altered two quotes.
The font credit to Chris Hansen.






All this year I have been making a weekly digital diary page so I can look back on the year and see where it went. Last week I probably have done more drawing than ever before and also more wine was drunk too - note to self - must cut down a bit next week (on the wine that is!)



And if you read about this is earlier in year on my other blog,  this is the 'Gratitude jar' that I made and I'm still filling up. I use just a  small piece of paper  (1.5 x 2 inch) and write on front and back a few things to read at end of year, to remind me of nice things to be grateful for or that have made me smile, achievements, people that touch my life - that sort of thing. I started writing every day for the first two months but now just write new or memorable things. Will be an interesting read for the New Years eve maybe.


Thank you so much for stopping by today -
have a lovely week

 Gill xx

10 comments:

  1. Another wonderful face Gill, love her aurumn hair do, just gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is just wonderful! I love her beautiful face and the whole page!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely visit and comment on my blog, Gill! This really means a lot to me, you know?

    I love that gratitude jar of yours (think I might borrow this idea for myself!!) and I also love your face and that quote!! Just beautiful!!!!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving seeing your drawings, and wonderful weekly pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful face and the flowers in her hair look amazing..love the idea of the jar to read the contents at a later date. Brilliant

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair style on your lovely painting. She is beautiful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gill,
    I love the softness that the pan pastels have given to this drawing and the strong colours of the leaves and flowers framing her face. The quote is wonderful you know how much I love quotes and sentiments. I could have joined you for a glass of wine but I would have had to pass on the dinner, I'm not that brave with meals that are a bit different.
    I love that you are still using your jar and I am sure New Years Eve will be a night of reflection for you and evidence that the year was better than perhaps you had remembered it. Lovely work
    Hugs Ria xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is she! I love the leaves you used to make her headband too. She is a forest nymph, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you have been busy Gill! Love the faces and how you added flowers to the hair, beautiful. As for the wine - cheers. I raise a glass to you: ;)
    I made a gratitude jar but soon forgot to fill it. Lovely idea and I must try harder next time. You will find it so lovely to open and read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really enjoying how you combine the pastels with digi work... Very glad you visited - I'm joining up to follow.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.