Sunday 3 January 2016

Winter Wonderland

Hello there......I can't believe its the 3rd of January already and Christmas seems ages ago.
 Its a miserable rainy grey day here on the East Coast UK and if it could snow everywhere except on the roads and pavements, I'd rather that than the rain.
And I've been thinking about snow as the lovely Chrissie from Jumbled Crafts is hosting on AJJ new theme Winter Wonderland this month
Using various images/clip art, I made this digital piece which I am linking to Art Journal Journey for the challenge.



I wanted to add another image to this piece but instead I made another digital page with the first and reduced the size and over laid a photo of a Brusho background I created. I digitally blended it over the top with 'colour burn blend' and added another layer of snow and then for fun a photo of two snow people I made. ( I won't tell you how old I was when I made them ha ha )




The words say :   Mrs Jack Frost waves her magical icy wand and all at once there is a  wonderful Winter Wonderland...

Thanks so much for stopping by..
I do appreciate it
Gill x

16 comments:

  1. These are both totally GORGEOUS Gill, thanks so much for linking them to our Art Journal Journey. Dig those snowmen! I bet you were very proud of them back when! Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful pages Gill and thank you for joining in at Art Journal journey with them. The snow people are brilliant and I always make at least one when there is enough snow

    Have a great 2016

    Love Chriisie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages are brilliant Gill.. what a fab idea with your snow people!!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey!
    Happy Sunday!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Winter Wonderland is magical, makes me shiver. I wish it would snow here.
    Your two snowmen look very happy, maybe they are a Mr. and Mrs. Snowpeople?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh magical Gill,perfectly wintery and really atmospheric,love it ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Gill!! I love both - can't decide which one more...
    The first one is a very typical winter-painting and I love the lady who is dancing there. I wished I could be that enthusiastic about winter and snow as she seems to be. And I had to laugh about your lines about snow everywhere ecxept streets and pavements...
    The second has its own kind of winter feeling and I love your snow ladies anyway how old you have been building them: They are winter beauties (beautys ??)
    XX Beate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the pages look fabulous, the first looks magical and I love those snowmen in the second.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the digital pieces, especially the first one. The snow goddess is really making her magic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pieces, both of them. Love your snowmen. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Winter Wonderland Gill! Both pages are wonderful! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your winter wonderlands are both lovely and inviting.
    I get excited like a little child when snow is predicted...
    none yet this winter here in Virginia.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are absolutely AMAZING and GORGEOUS, Gill! I love the sense of wonder and beauty found in both of them!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.