Sunday 21 August 2016

Nature's Wonders - what makes your heart sing?

 Hi everyone hope you've had a lovely Sunday.

Today I have a cute digital piece for AJJ Nature's Wonders
What makes your heart sing?  When I go out in my little garden and am among nature makes mine sing. And any chance of capturing the moment on camera and I'm singing an aria.

One day a young squirrel came into the garden and was running and jumping about like a little puppy. He was investigating everywhere and smelling the flowers.
I love this little squirrel, but he's a grey squirrel and I shouldn't really like him but I do.
The grey squirrels in the UK aren't native and over many years have almost wiped out our Red Squirrel through having a virus and taking over the 'Reds' habitat. But nature somehow nearly always manages to fight back and the good news is that the number of Red Squirrels and places it can be found is slowly increasing.

Digikits used: ‘Heartsong’ by Snicker doodles designs and ‘One fine day’ by G&T Designs.
  
  






Take time to smell the flowers

mmmm I wonder what this smells like

I'm only smelling the flowers - I won't break it - honest I won't!

Tired work all this running about the garden - I need a rest


I need a ...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I love all you've been creating this month...
and there's still time to play at
Nature's Wonders at AJJ

many thanks for stopping by...
Gill x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, squirrels can be so funny. I used to love watching them on the school playground in London. Here we just have the red ones, and I'm pleased to hear that the 'reds' are fighting their was back in England. Thanks for another wonderful page for Ajj, Gill. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Gill. I love your pics, they are so cute! Great scrapping too :) In the absence of seeing any Red squirrels where I live I also like to see the grey ones. They do have real character and I never know what antics I will see when they are around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gill, what a wonderful page! And I love this quote.
    It's so interesting what you tell about your garden and the squirrels and that you love the grey one although you shouldn't. But your grey squirrel is so lovely and thanks so much for all those wonderful photoes of it (and your comments to it as well)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my,gill,what a cute page,love the little sqirrel,he like the flowers in your pretty garden :-)
    thanks for this beautiful photos.
    have a great new week.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy. Amazing how he loves those flowers. I've heard about the red and grey squirrels in the UK. I don't that means you can't like him-how could you not like this little guy? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Gill,
    welch zauberhafte Seite, sie macht mein Herz singend.
    Viele Grüße aus Österreich
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful journal page, and such a cute photo follow-up. I was really impressed and loved the little guy who put on quite a show for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing cute page Gill and the photos of that little guy are so lovely ! Thank you for sharing another fantastic entry to Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pages and such a cute little visitor to your garden! He did wear himself out running around your garden, didn't he :-). The quote is so spcial too, I love it! Wishing you a great week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.