This time I used some children's crayons on a rough watercolour paper as a resist and then watercolour paints over the top. Then to finish added a digital quote.
The last couple of days I have been making a large traveller's notebook to match the smaller version I made early last year.
I love these books as the folded pages are held in with elastic cord making it easy to add additional pages and swap stuff about.
Finally finished this morning after silly little problems which probably could have been avoided if I'd planned better maybe.
Its probably just as well you can't see the stitching too close up as it is quite wonky in places - or 'rustic' as I will call it :)
Why is the stitching so wonky? well.. in the past I have found that I have more confidence to sew/use machine after I have had a glass of something :) Yesterday lunch time we had a nice meal and a lovely bottle of white wine between us and for some reason I did feel quite merry afterwards... so feeling confident I started to sew down the spine and around the cover.
I thought all was going well but I hadn't got very far down the spine when all of a sudden I was very aware of how 'off' my sewing was ha ha. I probably should have took the hint and stopped for a while but I merrily carried on wobbling away with the stitching :)
At least it's finished and is usable and I hopefully learnt a lesson and won't do that again.
I've printed some calendar pages and additional pages and need to design some more templates for other things like tracking birthdays etc and print them out.
That's all for this time,
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.