Friday 22 February 2019

Yellow #4

Another piece for  AJJ  'the colour yellow' theme which has been chosen and hosted by Rike from Rike's art

This time I used some children's crayons on a rough watercolour paper as a resist and then watercolour paints over the top. Then to finish added a digital quote.

The last couple of days I have been making a large traveller's notebook to match the smaller version I made early last year.
I love these books as the folded pages are held in with elastic cord making it easy to add additional pages and swap stuff about. 


Finally finished this morning after silly little problems which probably could have been avoided if I'd planned better maybe.
Its probably just as well you can't see the stitching too close up as it is quite wonky in places - or 'rustic' as I will call it :)
Why is the stitching so wonky? well.. in the past I have found that I have more confidence to sew/use machine after I have had a glass of something :) Yesterday lunch time we had a nice meal and a lovely bottle of white wine between us and for some reason I did feel quite merry afterwards... so feeling confident I started to sew down the spine and around the cover. 
I thought all was going well but I hadn't got very far down the spine when all of a sudden I was very aware of how 'off' my sewing was ha ha. I probably should have took the hint and stopped for a while but I merrily carried on wobbling away with the stitching :)
At least it's finished and is usable and I hopefully learnt a lesson and won't do that again.

I've printed some calendar pages and additional pages and need to design some more templates for other things like tracking birthdays etc and print them out.

That's all for this time,
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great weekend.
Gill x




15 comments:

  1. Your beautiful painting is so welcoming. I hope spring is more than the painting in your journal, but it certainly doesn't feel like it here, since there is still a LOT of white stuff on the ground and more on the way. At least I can admire your beautiful spring inspired art and dream! Thanks for sharing this springtime beauty with us using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey, Gill.

    Had to laugh at your "idea" of wonky stitches. My machine is incapable of making anything except wonky. In fact, I think it is set on wonky all the time. Your wonky is far straighter than my wonky. These are great calendars and pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a so Gorgeous page Gill !! Love it, it´s so warm and happy.... Spring is comming !! gorgeous colours and flower! I like very much your note books, lovely covers !!
    I wish you a very happy weekend, Big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal page and love the notebook. It looks great. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wonderful resist-flowers are amazing - what a fantastic painting and the quote makes it just perfect to cheer me up as we got rain today and it is colder again after some very pleasant days of sun and warmer temperatures!
    Your notebook set looks fantastic to me! Well done!!
    Thank you very much for yet another fantastic entry linked to Rike's Yellow topic dear Gill!
    Have a great weekend and happy crafting!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like this very much, especially as it is made with children's crayons, that's fun. The flowers look as if they are singing to me. Spring has sprung rather early this year, the birds have been singing their heads off for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful watercolour painting Gill, the yellow flowers look lovely.
    I think your new notebook looks great. Don't fret about the stitching, it looks fine to me.
    Said she who cannot thread the needle never mind sew.
    Have a good weekend Gill
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow is an attention grabber & kind of perfect for February. I have loved looking at your AJJ contributions this month, Gill, and these sweet flowers with the proverb put a smile on my face.
    And wonky or not, I love your book (& I have not had a sip of wine today).
    Wishing you a great weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gill this really is lovely, it's as if those flowers have an aura around them, beautiful composition. Just goes to show that those children's crayons can be for grown ups too!
    Your travellers journals are fabulous, they will be so useful. There's nothing wrong with a wonky stitch or two, it give's them more character. I Love them.
    Have a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had forgotten about using crayons as a resist technique. Your page looks wonderful and with a feel good factor as well.

    Love the little book and it also sounds like something useful as well

    Have a great weekend

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yellow flower page is so wonderful with this resist technic and the quote is so true!
    Now you made a larger notebook matching to the smaller one - very creative! I smiled about your sewing story, but I think it's a good story, because each time you take this book in your hands you will remember the funny time you had while sewing it!
    Thank you so much for another wonderful entry to my theme at AJJ!
    Wish you a great weekend!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your notebooks look really good, and the wonky stitching just adds character. Perhaps I need to drink more wine! Your flower picture is beautiful, really spring-like. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful flower page Gill. The yellow flowers are surely summery. And I've looked at these travel journals but have never tried one. You have inspired me to look at them again. Hope life is good right now. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also meant to say (but got distracted) that when I was doing Art Textiles at college we were strongly encouraged to do "wonky" stitching as it was more arty, so keep drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful makes! Your cheery yellow flowers made me smile and I love the technique that you used with the crayons 😁. Wow, those notebooks look amazing too! I hope that you have been enjoying the weather, we've had lovely sunny days and warm temperatures too! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wonky stitching... it's unique :-) Wonder if you'll try that again? Depends on how much you like it, he he. Love your watercolouring - great way to use kiddies' crayons, too :-)
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.