Tuesday 24 October 2017

Back soon-ish and an apology x

Hello dear friends

I hope all is well with you :)

Firstly I must apologise for not visiting you for several weeks now. I intended to post an explanation of my absence weeks ago but seem to have lost track of the time - sorry x
You know when you run out of space because you have too many things that you have hoarded over the years (or inherited) but don't use or need anymore and no room for new stuff - well I am busy de-cluttering - not very exciting - but it was long over due.

From an art/craft  point of view my working space was getting smaller too and it seemed a good idea to do something to change that after Dave suggested that maybe I'd like to think about what I do or don't like doing now and then get rid of the things I am no longer interested in.

Having a good sort out - I found lots of items I hadn't seen for ages like some blank canvases that  I am dying to do something with.... so Dave and I took down some old faded prints in our lounge and replaced them with some of them to inspire us to get sorted out soon so we can do something with the canvases.

 
So until we get time - they will stay like this and I will say this is modern art... or maybe its paintings of some polar bears in a snow storm :)

I probably won't blog for several more weeks but I will try to visit you when possible.


                                     Hope to be back blogging soon
                                                          Gill
                                                          xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gill,
    thank you so much for that, as I was asking myself more than once
    what you are doing, why there isn't anything to see or read from you.
    Now I know and I'm happy everything seems to be ok.

    Love an hugs
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well with you to, see you soon on blogging ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. :) We've been doing a bit of purging, with a long way to go. Especially in my art space. The room is just filled to the brim as they say. :) Hope to see your paintings soon. And I'm glad you're back Gill. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gill, welcome back and glad all is well.
    Decluttering - a subject very close to my heart, especially when we find lost treasures.
    I love your photo of empty canvases on the wall. Close on twenty years ago when my niece was small she gave me a lovely frame with a one colour very plain "painting" inside. She said it was modern art. We still have it displayed.
    Haha! Yes I think I can see the polar bears in a snowstorm and it's very misty there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you checked in with us, because I was really starting to worry about you. I really adore the polar bears sitting on icebergs in a snow storm. Great art (grin). I hope you get sorted and organized soon, because I really MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just doing a blog catch up! Good Luck with the big sort out! I had to have one last year! Love the Polar bears - that's some snowstorm! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always a good idea to do something to change! And you will get new space for new things.
    New - the blank canvases are waiting ... or not, because these are paintings of some polar bears in a snow storm, haha what a funny idea!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.