Sunday 28 July 2019

We're all ..... having fun!

Hello

I have a page for AJJ where  Chris from pearshapedcrafting   has chosen the theme of
'we're all/going'  
As I live not too far away from the sea means there is always fun to be had :)
And I admit it wasn't my finest hour when making this as the heat has made it hard to concentrate and use some products.
Used inks, inktense pencils and Brushos and some stickers which need using up.

Had 3 nights having to sleep downstairs in lounge as it was so hot it was impossible to sleep comfortably upstairs. 
Friday night it was still reading 32c/91f. Saturday night - yipeeee - was about 26c/79f - still warm but it was lovely to sleep in a bed and not scrunched up on a 2 seater settee.

Outside and downstairs temps early evening Wed 24th July
 If you are anywhere that's been really hot in the last week or so  (and even hotter than here)  I can really sympathise... 
I have given up trying to stick things down with tape, especially with card making as the tape often lifts up.
I have been die-cutting mainly but having just got some new Altenew stamps I had to try them out and stamp quickly before the ink dried on my stamps :)
I have plenty of cards to assemble when the weather gets cooler.
I took photos of the layouts to remind me how to stick them down.





Dave somehow still managed to do some baking
 and use some of the Nisperos/Loquat fruit before the birds ate it all.


 
'It wasn't me - honestly - it was lying here already'

 Dave made some Apple and Loquat pies... it sure is a tasty combination! 
when we had the fruit originally from a supermarket (many years ago) they called it 'Nisperos' 
but it is also known as 'Loquat' - so I am never certain what name I should be calling it :)


Help yourself to a slice.......



 OK that's all from me this time...
this was the first chance to blog this week as my PC
like myself doesn't do so well in hot weather :)
so until next time..
Happy Sunday and hope next week is cooler and good for you too.
Gill x

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards and I love your beach page - and this pies - yummie!!!!!
    Thank you for joining in at AJJ again dear Gill despite the heat! We have the same here but I can tell you that we are happy with relatively cold nights so far.

    Happy summer my friend!
    Enjoy!

    See you soon again!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least when it is hot and you re by the sea, there is often a nice cooling breeze. But it sounds like you have had the heat too. I do love your beach page as it is perfect for July! And nice cards too. I would like to someday try try an apple and loquat pie. It sounds yummy and I will say your husband made some beautiful looking pies. Stay cool! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal page. Your pies sound wonderful, so yummy. We've had upto 42° here, and it has been very hard for me, especially as it is so hot in my flat. But it is cooling off now, so that's great. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great journal page Gill, and I love the flower cards. I've been sitting outside in the shade reading - just too hot to craft, although we've not had the heat you had and ours finished with the rain on Friday. Your pies sound delicious.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I great page Gill, living near to the sea must have cooled those high temps down just a touch. Living in the midlands you can imagine we are cuddled by everything, not good when it reached 38.. but we've had rain ALL day today so it's cooled down to where it should be this time of year.
    Your so good making a start on those Christmas cards, taking photo's of layouts is always a must for me, saves so much time rearranging it all again. Super collection.
    The birds do love their fruit, glad you managed to get some before they had them all. Thank you for the slice :)) Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gill, great post and I love to be by the pool when hot...which is how I spend my summer here. Great delish pie, mmmm so would love some home made pie. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gill, I have just been having a catch up. I think the heat is effecting many of us, just shows we are not used to the sum..
    Its s fantastic beach journal page and it looks like you are going to have a great collection of cards.
    The pies look delicious.
    YVonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created such a lovely post despite the heat, Gill! I can imagine how wonderful it feels to sleep in your bed again:)
    Love your journal page, those beautiful cards, & the offer of pie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pies look tasty, and your art is fab Gill!
    So relieved the temps have gone down, I was sleeping on top of the duvet, but at least I was on a bed :-)
    Have a good week,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been the high 90s F (35ish C) here, so I can relate. However, I have air conditioning (central) in my home and a window unit for my computer and electronics in my office. Not sure what I would do otherwise.

    Once you get them affixed, your cards are going to be wonderful. Smart to have them ready for when the weather cools a bit.

    Your journal page is adorable. Very beachy and sweet. It was wonderful that you were able to get this together for us at Art Journal Journey, especially since it was so hot. Thanks for sharing it (and your pies, too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gill. I did read that it was impossibly hot down your way. I didn't consider that it would affect art-making and gluing, but of course the air is so different. It has been very clammy here and occasionally gets fresher again, then it rains, all on repeat.
    Your seaside AJJ piece is definitely fun and so colourful. It would make a fun postcard to send (if one did send postcards from a holiday, which one no longer does (although I know one person who does).
    Great photo of the bird looking guilty by the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous page! I love living by the sea too and you have captured it beautifully with the brushos and stickers - perfect 😁. It sounds like you are having a hot time, one of my friends leaves in Essex and says it's been hot hot hot there too ...lol! Those fruit pies look delish, I'd love to try that fruit combination - yum! I hope you are having a cooler week, we have had some thunder storms here and actually had ice falling from the skies yesterday too, it was amazing to watch, not sure my poor plants appreciated it though. Hugs, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous journal page and cards, I love the Christmas one with the silver sentiment. Great pictures too, the pies look yummy!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this page Gill! I'm sorry it's taken a while to get here - a huge backlog of stuff to do had me wanting to do some blog visiting but then had to wait for hubby to finish with the computer! I'm not sure I would want to be by the sea at the moment - the weather here is downpour after downpour!! Love the cards that are all ready for making up! The pies look great! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your piece about living by the sea - even with a sand castle - is such a happy picture, the colors are magical!
    Card making at this hot time seems to be difficult - the tape lifts up - and you have to wait for cooler days. Beautiful beginning of the cards, you even made layouts for the designs!
    Loquat - I have never seen and heard - but Dave's pies are looking very delicious, and all gone I guess - on this day I write the comment :)
    Rike xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.