Thursday 1 August 2019

'In her eyes' for 'Anything with eyes' at AJJ

Hello

I am so thrilled to be hosting the challenge at Art Journal Journey this month where the theme I have chosen this time is 'anything with eyes'.  
I thought 'Anything with eyes' would give plenty of scope to come up with some fun ideas. 
Apart from the obvious, other things have 'eyes' also, like storms, needles and  potatoes - the potatoes were pointed out by my husband Dave who does all the cooking here and thus often surrounded by potatoes waiting to be peeled :)

Although not good at it, I do enjoy trying to draw/paint faces and sometimes birds too.. they're never perfect but I always have fun doing it.
So I of course had to start the month off with an A4 size mixed media face.

I used Reeves Gouache, Neocolour 2 water soluble crayons, Inscribe  coloured pencils and white Posca pen, then added a digital quote attributed to Audrey Hepburn.



The quote says....  ' The beauty of a woman  must be seen from in her eyes,
 because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.'

AJJ

I hope you will come join us at AJJ
 and have some fun with this theme.

Gill x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page and have a fun month! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mixed Media face is so beautiful made dear Gill! A stunning painting and I love the words you have chosen to go with it!

    I am happy to see you as a host this August and wish you and us all the most crative month together!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and love that awesome sentiment..stunning Gill.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Gill, such a lovely kind face, and the sentiment goes perfectly. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and you kind words. I live in Yorkshire, and my sister is in Herts so there's quite a distance between us. Have a very happy and creative week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something very comforting about this painting, maybe because she looks friendly and sympathetic. She does have lovely eyes, and a nice frock and I like the way you have made her hair-style. The flowery/green background is perfect too.
    Happy commenting this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful Gill! I love the words too! Great inspiration! This is such a brilliant theme - really looking forward to taking part! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super challenge Gill. And you created a fabulous page. I love the idea of eye. I will see you over at AJJ for sure. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gill, I wish I could draw like you. You make beautiful faces and I know you are going to rock this month. I am very impressed.

    Your husband and I must have been on the same wavelength, so kudos to Dave for the potato idea. This is going to be a fun month, I'm sure of it! Now where did I put my needles (grin)?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful Gill, I love how her colour tone blends with the haziness of the background. So nice to see you hosting this months AJJ. I'm very much looking forward to this challenge.
    Wishing you a super weekend Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning art journal page Gill! I love your drawing and that fabulous quote, beautiful piece of art! Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your use of bright colors in your delightful portrait. Happy AJJ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so beautiful Gill, its a wonderful theme you have chosen for this month at AJJ
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous inspiration Gill, it's a great new theme for AJJ.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quote is great for this beauty! The green mixed media background fits perfect to the red hair of the Lady and her expression of the green eyes is so lovely or is it the sweet mouth?! I like this face very much!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.