Saturday 26 May 2018

Flora and Fauna: cat.... and more flowers in a vase


Another acryl-gouache painting to join in with the lovely Jo's Flora and Fauna theme at AJJ

 I used an old photo I took of a neighbours cat many years ago for reference.  I did a very rough drawing on to black card using a white Stabilo All pencil and painted with the acrylic gouache.



 and still using the same paint - another flowers in a vase painting with negative painting for the outline followed by painted details.
I am linking this to Moo Mania where the theme is 'even more flowers'.


 This messy background was my starting point. 
My subconscious brain knowing I was intending to paint flowers,
 probably created some marks that looked like flowers which helped with this fun process.

  
 OK - I promise this is the last of these... but this one is slightly different as it had
 acryl-gouache over painted with normal gouache. Why do that? well the normal gouache can be reactivated with water and moved around/thinned etc without altering the layer beneath.
I also added some further colour on the plant and shadow on table using acrylic inks.


all for today...
thanks for stopping by.
Hope you are having a great weekend
Gill x

11 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW. You draw passionately and beautifully. I am truly and honestly impressed. Bleubeard wants you to draw him (grin). These are out of this world. I am delighted you also chose to share these with us at Art Journal Journey. Your subconscious took over before you realized what was going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paintings, my fave is the last one. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful paintings! Your cat is adorable and I love his/hers content expression and how you painted the fur texture - purr-fect! ...lol 😉. Then there are those fabulous flowers too, the vibrancy of the colours makes me so happy 😉. I was so pleased to see your name over at AJJ, thanks so much for joining in the fun! We have had lovely sunshine all week, only had rain yesterday afternoon and then woke up to another sunny day this morning 😁. ...now where was I, I just stopped typing to watch our nightly visitor "batty" (bat) flying over our garden catching insects - amazing! ... Oh yes, I hope you are enjoying the sunshine too, thanks for the smiles and wishing you a happy bank holiday weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are wonderful! I often tried to paint but I can't. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful paintings. I am in love with the cat and the beautiful flower paintings! I can see how much fun you have with your gouache!
    And I am thrilled that the colours are so vibrant with gouache!Gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania & More!
    Much appreciated!
    I have sent you an email this morning asking you about AJJ. Hope you got it.

    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi - email reply on way to you xx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful painting here

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous selection of flower art Gill. The cat is also a wonderful piece, he/she seems to have a lovely expression on its face.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous gill. I don't know which flower piece is prettier. And I do love the cat painting. It looks just like the photo. :) You even got the grass blades. Love that background texture. Hope all is well with you and you had a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous acryl-gouache painting, and I admire that you used a black card as beginning, and I love this green blue painted background and of course the cat!
    The colors of the flower picture are shining brightly, much interesting that you started on that messy background! There I can see the brightness of the acrylic gouache!
    The last one is exciting with the different sorts of paints!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful paintings, Gill. I would be thrilled with each of them.
    And those greens - they glow! :}

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.