Friday 30 August 2019

Flower girl for AJJ and a big thank you x

Hello everyone...
August seems to have flown by so fast - there's just one more day left
 for our AJJ 'anything with eyes' challenge so this will be my last page. 
This is a mix of watercolour painting and digital - I hope you like it :)


Before any digital alterations she looked like this


I used black pigment pen and white Posca paint pen for details on her eyes.



 I scanned my painting and then, using my favourite digital software, cut out the flowers in her hair and added them back on top of the original painting with some shadow making it look more 3d.
 


 I also added some other digital bits for some of the flower centres and
 some flower-swag looking things that I made ages ago.

 
 and then finished by adding a quote digitally too.


 'Eye' had a lot of fun with this theme and visiting all who joined in.. 
what an amazing  selection of beautiful pages for 'anything with eyes'
  
Thanks everyone and thanks for all the wonderful comments left for me. 
I am now looking forward to the next theme in September
 and wishing that host a fun month too :)



And its Friday...so... have a great weekend
Thanks for stopping by...
Gill x

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, so loving this post. Have a great weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of digital art is so amazing. I couldn't believe the difference between the amazing journal page and the digitally altered one. It was like a different journal entry all together. I really was taken by the 3-D effect. It was a truly lovely end to your month of hosting. It is I who should be thanking you for making this such a great month art wise and for your hosting skills. You have certainly made Art Journal Journey proud this month, dear Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new favorite, Gill:) Really enjoyed this adventure in creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Gill, this is stunning! I love your colorful painting and her gorgeous eyes! I love how you added the extra dimension with the flowers, awesome journal page! I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gill it's a fabulous face, love the flowers, so bright and cheerful.
    It was a wonderful theme, just wish I'd had a bit more time this month to join in more.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful final entry! Your face is fantastic and this digital adding make the page more beautiful and perfect! Your "Thank you" piece is gorgeous too!
    I enjoyed your theme very much!
    Wish you a happy weekend, dear Gill!
    Liebe Grüße, Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an fascinating final piece and the ectra thank you eye! You rocked this month Gill! Thank you beyond belief for supporting AJJ in such a fabulous way, you were an amazing hostess.
    Happy Sunday and start of September!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks beautiful on both pages Gill and she sure has the WOW factor for me. I love the quote you added to this page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a fantastic month Gill. I really enjoyed your challenge and this ast page is great! Your really know how to paint skin and give it nice rosy glow. And those eyes of course also. I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great quote and your lady looks fabulous - I love how you have made her flowers 3d by copying them digitally and adding a second layer, and I can definitely see a twinkle in her eyes. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great theme Gill !! I have enjoyed it, all the Artworks are spectacular. I love your flower girl, she is very happy and has got so bright colours ! Great !
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugss, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page and I love your thank you artwork too! It was such a fun challenge and it was funny that the reason I didn't participate as much as I would have liked to was due to my two black eyes, which matches your challenge perfectly ...lol 😉. Thanks for being such a fabulous host and wishing you a Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a glorious glow to her complexion, and the flower garland in her hair is magical.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.