Tuesday 16 February 2021

Jumping in the deep end and other art works :)

 It's always hard getting back into things when I haven't blogged for ages and so I'm not going to hesitate one minute longer and jump straight back in and hope for the best.   

I have not been out of my house for a little over a year but I count myself lucky that it hasn't bothered me and that I have lots of hobbies and interests to loose myself in for hours and not think of other things...

Having had lots of blank canvases up in various room ready to paint for sometime, one of the first things I did last year was to paint a canvas for our lounge wall. I knew I wanted to try an abstract and use similar colours to a rug in room. I was quite pleased with my first abstract.

I've been painting whimsical faces (which I have been addicted to for several years) using various mediums and then scan them so I can use them over and over again for digital work.



  I've been painting on canvases, canvas boards and into journals.

acrylics on canvas board

mixed media on watercolour paper then used for digital page

This is just a little from 2020 - more next time.

thanks for visiting..

hope to catch up with you soon

Gill x



 


 

7 comments:

  1. Great to see you blogging again. Lots of beautiful art with wonderful colours! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you come back online Gill. You're always welcome back. I love seeing some of your art too. It's been a great way to fill time, hasn't it? Thank goodness for it. Even better when your pieces are as well done as yours are. Stay well Gill and hope to see you again online soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back Gill! Your art is looking gorgeous, I love it all.
    Hope you're keeping safe and well.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gill, it is so good to see you back in Blogland with your colourful art.
    The abstract is terrific; it is really difficult to make an abstract which doesn't look like something and you have succeeded here.
    The painted face is lovely and she looks great on the decorated page accompanied by her ginger cat.
    The flowers are really good too.
    Love from Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Gill, it's ONLY Saturday and I'm finally getting around to visiting you. Yes, I'm that far behind!! Your paintings are incredible. I can't draw a thing (and have no desire to), so I am truly in awe of your art. Of course, my favorite is the abstract, because it is something I am more capable of creating. Those flowers are OUT OF THIS WORLD. I was thrilled to see you blogging again. I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been pretty much in the house for over a year as well!! But dragging my feet with making art for some reason. Just making little bits and pieces. And so, I love that large abstract of yours. I also particularly love the daisies...always a favourite flower of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gill I was so happy to see your name pop up earlier in the week, sorry i'm late getting to you. That's a grand idea to paint a canvas abstract to replicate the colours of your lounge rug, I can imagine it looks so classy as they compliment each other. I've always loved your whimsy girls and how you scan them for future works, loving her green eyelashes. The flowers really are beautiful, now that's a canvas that would really stand out for me.
    Now don't be a stranger now, I know it's been a tough year, for some more than others but I do hope you will share more of what's been keeping you occupied these past months.
    Stay safe & ever creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.